Be the momos AND dimsums to my chutney
today I will tell u the difference in Momos and Dimsums .
few points: Momos and dimsums are differently prepared . momos and dimsums has different originating point .momos and dimsums have different types .
Momos , the delicious and mouth-watering dumplings are counted as one of the famous street food these days. They have become go-to things of everyone rights from kids to adults .momos seems to have originated from Tibet and have now become hugely popular among Nepalese/Tibetan communities in Bhutan and largely in the streets of North India Momos are available in huge variety from what we call vegetable momos to chicken and mutton momos .
HOW ARE THEY PREPARED ??..
The white flour and water dough is used to make the outer covering of dumplings which is fire rolled into flat circlular pieces and then stuffed with healthy veggies like carrots , cabbage , and nya granules sauteed with onion garlic ,soya sauce vinegar and black pepper in the non-veg momos, different type of meat filling is used .The dumplings are given a half -moon or crescent shape then cooked by either steaming over water/soup or fried , as the choice of the customer .
Momos are usually served with dipping sauce/red chutney made with tomatoes and red chillies.
Momos have been so popular that they have not just remained confined to the streets but have occupied a large space in cafes and restaurant momos are just doorstep away as MOMO cafes and MOMO restaurants are to be found iin every nook and corner these days which offer a huge variety , surely to be tested by every MOMO lover .
Are you even a momo lover ?? if you have not tried almost each and every type of momo available in the market? well, no issues if you havent is better late than never here are some of the most popular momos you crave forever
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MOMOS
- ) Steamed momos : These are the most common of all ,found almost everywhere. these luscioous dimpsums are filled with mixed veggies or meat and are put in dumpppling steamer .
- Pan fried momos
In pan fried momos the momos are perfectly fried in the pan with oil . The momos get yellowish colour from their bottom and crispier from the corners and that makes them delicious in taste.
- .Gravy momos : Gravy momos are newly introduced . In which momos’ base is according to the way we want them to be, like steam/ pan and then they use the white sauce/ meoanise and the red sauce and mix them both well nd dip the momos in it and mix it well . This momos recipe is new so these kind of momos are not that famous .
VARITIES OF MOMOS
Momos come in different types and their recipes is also different
- Veg momos : In these momos, the filling inside the momos is of veg . Mostly the cauliflower used by the people.
- Non-veg momos : Momos reciepe of the non veg momos is the filling inside the momos is of non veg . In non veg they use chicken . They chop it in extremely small parts and then mash them together and then take a small part of it and then fill inside the momos
- Panner momos : Momos recipes for these momos is that the filling inside the momos depends on maker that is whether he frys the panner or doesn’t. And the taste is according to the paneer . But the best ones are fried panner momos.
4. Nutri momos : In these momos, the momos recipes is different in this we use the nutrine/ soya chaap chops in small parts and mash it together and then fill inside the momos.
Momos comes in different price range and on the basis of price the quantity is given.Some people in order to increase their momos customer, decrease the prices or increase the momos quantity .
Some use the momos making machine so they increase its price a little and quality and quantity he provides is good as well.
As momos is a street food and most of the people love street food. Some people just eat momos to relieve stress and some eat to enjoy it . For people, momos is not just a street food rather it’s an emotion.
Deep down we all know that momos are our best frnd which we love unconditionally. 🙂
Most of the people think momos are also called dimsums but no I will make clear how they differ.
Dimsums is a chinese dish which was originated in china . In china, dimsums are very famous . As this is their favourite snack . They serve the dimsums with the tea in a small quantity like 2 piece or 4 pieces. Dim sum restaurant are more famous in china because of the dim sums . As this is their traditional snack.
Most of the Dim sum restaurants are in hongkong as hongkong is main part of china.
Dim sums recipe is different as compared to momos. Dim sums are boiled and then the filling is filled inside the dim sums and then is served with tea. Some people make their bond to it without eating dim sum, they don’t feel well and they call it dim sum bond.
Dim sum express a different type of atmosphere. It’s a traditional way to eat dim sum dishes. In a quiet place having chopstick and then eating while enjoying the atmosphere. Dim sums also come in combos like Dim sum and noodles and Dim sums and dumplings.Dim sums can easily be purchased from any grocery store. Most of the grocery stores are in Taiwan , Hongkong , Singapore, Thailand , United Nation and Australia.
Dim sums recipe:
Dim sum have different types:
1) steam fried
2) pan fried
In steam fried dim sums, with the help of steam dimsums prepared . Take the dim sums in a steam passing container and then put the steam passing container over extremely hot water. That is the process of preparing dimsums .
In pan fried dim sums, with the help of pan dimsums are prepared. Take the dim sums and put in a pan and fry it in a light flame before it get brownish. That is the process of preparing dimsums .
For more food updates do follow on Instagram @DELHIFOODIEGRAM and Facebook as well DELHIFOODIEGRAM.